The organization’s distinctiveness lies in the diverse inter-denominational composition and a well curved out niche of recognizing that women were uniquely fashioned by God to play a complementary rather than a competitive role alongside the men to achieve greater good of the society.
We believe that the first ministry ever accorded to the woman in the bible was the ministry of helps because God said of the woman when he first mentioned her that “Let us make man a helper fit for him” Genesis 2:18. We believe in the divine role of a wife and a mother as documented in the bible and the priest hood of the man as the head of the home , we also acknowledge that being submissive does not make us less stronger as women but shows that we walk in line with the word of God.
Since its inception, Girl Power has set out to help Women discover the exceptional traits that God has endowed them with and exploit these strengths to attain their individual destinies for the greater good of society.
Over the years, Girl Power has organized several conventions specially tailored to address and empower the holistic woman in different areas of life.
Meet Pastor Jessica Kayanja
Pastor Jessica Kayanja is the Founder and President of Girl Power Ministries, an International Women’s organization whose headquarters are in Kampala, Uganda.
She has attained a Doctor of Ministry in Theology from the renowned Life Christian University (2021) and holds a Master of Arts in Theology from the same University (2019). Her Bachelor’s Degree is in International Relations from the Prestigious Makerere University (1992).
Pastor Jessica’s contribution to Society has been recognized in a number of honorary awards. These include; an Honorary Doctorate in Humanities (Honoris Causa) from the United Graduate College and Seminary for pioneering Economic Empowerment of Women in Self-help projects, a degree in Theology Honors’ in the Category of Distinction from the Heartfelt Institute of Ministry in Zimbabwe and has also received a Certificate of Life Time achievement from the World Congress of Peace and Prosperity Foundation for Her contribution to the Empowerment of Women.
Girl Power Ministries recognizes that women are the vanguards of society’s livelihood and are called by God to nurture people. Over the years, the ministry has empowered the holistic woman by emphasizing her multidimensional attributes which is the soul, spirit and body. The organization recognizes that men and women are fashioned by God to complement each other.
As the Founder of Girl Power Ministries, she has held the following activities:
- The biggest thematic Women’s events in Uganda that have drawn Presidents Politicians, CEOs, Royals, Young Ladies, Socialites, Pastors to mention but a few. During these events she has addressed matters that affect women in general.
- The first ever Professional Women’s forum in 2016, with more than five thousand women in attendance with the following objectives :
- To offer professional Women a platform to sharpen and improve their skills.
- To train Women on how to improve their levels of professionalism and service delivery to the Nation.
- To provide advisory services and practical professional support to the government and other organization and
- To provide opportunities for training and career development for professional women.
- This event was graced by Uganda’s Prominent Ladies including the First Lady of the Republic Of Uganda Mrs. Janet Museveni.
- She runs a weekly women’s Prayer Clinic every Saturday morning that has been termed as a “Women’s War Zone”. This prayer clinic is focused on intercession and warfare for families.
- She has over seen the sanctification of marriages of more than 3000 couples through the ongoing Mass weddings that have taken place during the 77 Days of Glory. During these events, the brides and groomsmen are prepared, dressed and provided a free reception.
- She attends to the plight of homeless orphans, street children, commercial sex workers, female prison inmates, victims of rape and domestic through Kapeeka orphanage and Never Again rehabilitation homes and is currently constructing the Girl Power Institute that will provide a home and skills training of over 1000 vulnerable girls.
Pastor Jessica is the CEO of Robert Kayanja Ministries and together with her Husband Pastor Robert Kayanja they are the overseers of Miracle Centre Cathedral Rubaga, the largest Pentecostal Church in Uganda. She ministers alongside her husband in the ongoing 77 Days of Glory (77DOGS), a revival that is being watched by over 100 million people worldwide.
She is bold, fearless and passionate when ministering the Word of God and has been a preacher for over twenty years in Uganda and around the World. As an International Speaker, she has shared the Gospel to various congregations in Africa, the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, and South Korea among others. She is also a prolific writer and celebrated author of the books “Girl Power”, “Through it all”, “Heritage”, “The Altar” and many others.
She is a Director of Channel 44 Television Station one of the most watched television stations in Uganda and is now famous because of 77 Days of Glory (77DOGS).
She has been hosted as a Guest on Studio 53 and Africa Magic of DSTV programs that highlight prominent and influential People in Africa.
She is married to Pastor Robert Kayanja and together they are blessed with three children, Robert Junior (24) and Twin daughters (21) Kirstein and Kristiana.
The first ever Professional Women’s forum in 2016, with more than five thousand women in attendance with the following objectives : ⦁ To offer professional Women a platform to sharpen and improve their skills. ⦁ To trained Women on how to improve their levels of professionalism and service delivery to the Nation. ⦁ To provide advisory services and practical professional…
In July 2019, the Deborah Generation, an arm of the ministry that reaches out to wives of Bishops, Apostles, Pastors and Ministers, as well as Women Ministers was launched.
Attending to the plight of homeless orphans, street children, commercial sex workers, female prison inmates, victims of rape and domestic violence through Kapeeka orphanage and Never Again rehabilitation homes and is currently constructing the Girl Power Institute that will provide a home and skills training for over 1000 vulnerable girls.
The sanctification of marriages of more than 4000 couples through the ongoing Mass weddings that have taken place during the 77 Days of Glory. During these events, the brides and groomsmen are prepared, dressed and provided a free reception.
At the heart of Girl Power Ministries vision is the unquenchable passion to equip and empower the vulnerable persons holistically so as to strengthen homes and families. Girl Power Skilling Project was birthed out of this desire. Girl Power recognizes that at the heart of marital conflict, strife and discord is poverty and the strain lack places on families. The…
A weekly women’s Prayer Clinic every Saturday morning that has been termed as a “Women’s War Zone”. This prayer clinic is focused on intercession and warfare for marriages and families.